Admission Related Forms for Walters State Community College
First-time Students at WSCC (either Freshman or Transfer)
Readmitted Students (formerly attended WSCC)
Transient (attending another college-taking one semester of courses at WSCC designed to transfer back to original college)
High School Student (Advanced Studies or Dual Enrollment)
The Dual Enrollment Program offers qualified high school juniors and seniors an opportunity to receive college credit and high school credit simultaneously by taking college courses.
Dual Enrollment College Program
The Dual Enrollment College Program is a partnership between Walters State and service area school systems to provide high school students an opportunity to take college courses which simultaneously satisfy the requirements for a high school diploma and an Associate of Science degree.
Other Admissions Related Forms
You must have Adobe Acrobat to view and print these applications and forms. Adobe Acrobat Reader is available for FREE from the Adobe web site. Please select the Acrobat reader based on the operating system that you are using.
Once you have opened the application in the Adobe Acrobat Reader you should print it out and complete it as instructed in the application directions. Once the application is completed it should be returned to the admissions office at Walters State or mailed to:
Department of Admissions and Registration Services
500 South Davy Crockett Parkway
Morristown, TN 37813-6899
To submit a Walters State Community College application online, please complete the following steps after going to the Application Online:
- Click here to Submit an Application Online.
Please read the directions on the page and then click 'Begin Application for Walters State Community College'.
- You will then be prompted to log on.
- If you already have an account, you may enter your username and password and click 'Log On.' You will then be directed to Walters State's online application.
- If you are a first time user and have not created an account, you will need to click 'Create an Account.'
- After, you will be directed to several screens requesting your name, address, etc.
- Also, you will be prompted to create a username and password. Please remember this information as you will need it in the future to log into your account.
- Once you have completed the requested information, choose 'Go to the Page you were logging onto.'
- You will then be directed back to Walters State's online application, which you may now begin completing.
- Once you have completed the application, please print a copy of the confirmation sheet for your records.
- Pay the application fee online by using a credit or debit card.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please do not hesitate to contact:
Avery Swinson 423.585.2688 or
Mike Campbell at 423.585.2682
Submit an Application Online
Prospective Dual Enrollment College Program Student
Thank you for your interest in the dual enrollment program at Walters State Community College. This innovative partnership between your local school system and Walters State is designed to meet the educational needs of highly motivated students. Dual enrollment students at Walters State are enrolled in college courses that satisfy high school graduation credits while simultaneously earning college credits.
- Students must have completed the sophomore year in high school.
- Students must be recommended by the high school principal, teacher, and/or counselor.
- Students must meet the ACT sub-score requirement(s) for the program.
- Students must provide their own transportation.
- Students need to demonstrate the maturity to cope with the freedom of a college campus.
- Complete the dual enrollment program application and return it to the Distance Education Office at Walters State Community College.
- Present recommendations from two teachers and/or a counselor or a high school principal and return them in a sealed envelope with the dual enrollment program application.
- A separate application for Walters State is required along with a $10 application fee.
- Submit the Transcript Request to your guidance department. Transcripts should include the Gateway Test scores and TCAP writing scores (if tests have been taken).
- Submit a recent ACT or SAT score (within the last three years). If you have not taken the ACT test, you are encouraged to register to take the test on one of the national test dates. Registration forms and information may be obtained from your guidance office.
When your dual enrollment program application file is complete, you will be contacted to schedule an interview with the Dual Enrollment Admissions Committee. The interview sessions will take place prior to registration for the upcoming semester.
Again, thank you for your interest in the dual enrollment program.
Dual Admission Program
The Walters State Dual Admission Program is available to students transferring to ETSU from Walters State. This program offers Walters State students the advantage of a structured approach for completion of an Associate's Degree, followed by enrollment in pursuit of a Bachelor's Degree at ETSU. Dually admitted students first enroll at Walters State, complete the Associate's Degree, (A.A., A.S. and A.S.T) and then enroll at ETSU. This program will ease the transfer process and foster students' academic success. The advantage of the dual admissions agreement as opposed to an articulation agreement is that students have direct contact with both Walters State and ETSU faculty and staff throughout the program. In addition, the dual admission program provides enhanced advisement and transition support services.