This semester, Walters State unveils the Senators Emergency Text, or SET. This system will be used to communicate with students in the event of a campus emergency. All faculty, staff and students should register to receive text messages in case of emergency situations, including the cancellation or delay of classes due to inclement weather.
Register at www.ws.edu
. Click on the SET logo. You can also go directly to the registration site here
Closely follow these instructions:
1. Create an account by entering an e-mail address and a password.
2. Look for a confirmation e-mail.
3. Complete the steps in the confirmation e-mail within 24 hours.
4. Click on the “Contact” tab, then on “Add More.” Select the SMS Text option and enter your phone number. Do this when you’re completing the confirmation.
5. The final step is making a confirmation phone call. Just call the toll-free number from the phone registered and enter the confirmation code.
NOTE: An e-mail address is used only for registration purposes. To receive the texts, you must complete steps 4 and 5 by entering and confirming your phone number. Emergency messages will only be sent via text. No emergency messages will be sent via e-mail or voice message.
SET will be used only when a Walters State students or employees face a threat, be it natural or man-made, or when classes are cancelled or delayed due to inclement weather.
While Walters State does not charge for this service, individual carriers may charge for the text.